We are seeking a therapist to join our MDFT team as the need for this service continues to increase.
Responsibilities: The MDFT therapist will conduct sessions with adolescents, parents, families, and other potential family supports according to the evidenced based model. MDFT is provided to families with adolescents who meet criteria for substance abuse treatment. MDFT therapists provide services in a variety of settings including the family’s home, community and clinic. Caseloads are small, typically seven families, in order to allow the clinician the ability to provide three to five hours of treatment per family each week. The successful candidate will be willing to be flexible in terms of scheduling daytime and evening appointments. Department of Drug and Alcohol licensure regulations and agency standards must be adhered to during the course of employment. Licensure supervision for LCSW and LPC is available to the qualified candidate.
- Master’s degree in social work, family therapy, counseling, psychology or other related clinical field
- Competence in basic clinical skills (e.g., attending and listening, exploring thoughts and feelings, therapeutic questioning)
- Training in family therapy and experience with adolescents and families preferred but not required
- Willingness to work in the homes of adolescents and their families
- Optimism about youth and parent potential to make positive change
- Comfortable working in close emotional proximity to youth and parents
- Capacity to see behavior in contextual and developmental terms
- Non-punitive and non-judgmental toward youth and parents
- Energetic, persistent, and resilient – an outcome-oriented attitude
- Desire to improve clinical skills and outcomes; seeks professional challenges and growth
- Willing to implement a manualized, evidence-based model
Therapists are trained to hold meaningful treatment sessions with clients and families.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Valid Driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- The ability to secure a satisfactory FBI, State Police and Childline clearances
- The ability to secure satisfactory references
- Work hours: Non-traditional Travel: Some travel required for this position