Seeking an energetic Therapist Assistant (TA) who is optimistic about change and possesses a “does what it takes” attitude for our Multi Dimensional Family Therapy program. The therapist assistant will be working with adolescents and their families in the extra-familial/ community domain. The TA works in collaboration with the therapist and family to eliminate the barriers to treatment. Responsibilities include maintaining contact with schools, connecting youth with recreational activities, as well as assistance with accessing health and legal assistance. MDFT Therapist Assistants provide services in a variety of settings including the family’s home, community and clinic. The therapist assistant’s experience or education should include awareness of community services and systems, strong verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain professional boundaries. While this position has non-traditional work hours and travel is required, the impact of this evidence-based model is obvious. Please feel free to learn more about this growing model at the national website: mdft.org (hyperlink for mdft.org website).
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field preferred
- Education and/or experience working with adolescents and families
- Valid Driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- The ability to secure a satisfactory criminal record check
- The ability to secure a satisfactory ChildLine clearance
- The ability to secure satisfactory references